Author Topic: MCD Racing Forum Upgraded  (Read 39786 times)

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
MCD Racing Forum Upgraded
« on: April 06, 2013, 03:41:18 PM »
Hi all,

Welcome to the new look forum, I'll let the forum do the talking for me... so have a look around.

Just a little more tweaking to do, but all working fine... from my end that is.

Hope you all like it.

Cheers,
Franco.

PS. have not re-installed Tapatalk as yet.

Offline mcdv4

Re: MCD Racing Forum Upgraded
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 04:32:23 PM »
 :yahoo:
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 04:48:05 PM »
:yahoo:

I take it that means you like it  :lol: :lol:

Offline harryhackenbacker

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 04:51:26 PM »
Well done Franco ,looks great  :D :D  .  Guys you will need to Re Do your Bookmarks etc ,just done mine  ;) ;)

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 04:54:25 PM »
Yes, Bookmarks will need to be updated... still working on the redirect thingy  ;)

Offline Syd

• "IF YOUR IN CONTROL YOUR NOT DRIVING FAST ENOUGH"
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 05:44:46 PM »
Bookmarks updated and forum looking very good

Offline erdl k

• Respected Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 07:02:16 PM »
Looks very good ,  special thanks to all who gives support for this .
MCD W5 Max _ EK Edition  ®  Efra 2018 Spec

Offline OldDog

• Semi-Newbie
    • TelfordHotTrax   10th & Micro Electric Club Racing
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 08:26:41 PM »
Looks good Franco  ;) I much prefer to read from a darker background as i find it easier on the eyes, especially late at night  :o

On a side note.... Is there a quick/easy way of thanking someone for posting stuff up instead of replying to their post? As i feel there is some great posts that deserve at least a 'thumbs-up' or some form of acknowledgement. Basically when you haven't time or there's no real need to reply, it's nice to let the poster know their time posting is appreciated  :-*

Keep up the good work,
Steve.

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 08:50:46 PM »
Thanks guys for the comments.

Steve,
I must say i'm not really a big fan of the Facebook concept of "like"ing peoples comments... personally, i would prefer to see people post a comment or even just a Smiley (like what mcdv4 did above).

But, anyway... i know there is a feature called Karma, i think, that i could look into.

Offline Jahbless

• Semi-Newbie
  • "Get Away From My Car"
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 09:01:03 PM »
 UP-TO-THE-TIME.......

:-)

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 10:21:18 PM »
Thanks guys for the comments.

Steve,
I must say i'm not really a big fan of the Facebook concept of "like"ing peoples comments... personally, i would prefer to see people post a comment or even just a Smiley (like what mcdv4 did above).

But, anyway... i know there is a feature called Karma, i think, that i could look into.

Got to agree on the Facebook thing !!!  (one theory is that Facebook is goverments created ,so they don't have
to spy on you , you tell them everything ,thinking it's cool  :lol: :lol: :lol:  ) .
On the Like the post thing , If people reply ,you have discussion and forum traffic , there are a handfull of Posters,
who have kept the forum Interesting ,but in order for it to succeed it needs news , experiences ,pics ,Videos etc..
Time and effort shared makes for a pleasurable experience for all ,We are lucky to have on board some top MCD
sponsors , WHY because we talk to them !!!! and it's beneficial to us for product info ,and them for business .
Yes ,people read on mobiles etc...see steves point ,but if an Old Fart like me can do replies (short ,well done
or whatever ,on a mobile or small tablet ,anyone can , or make a note to comment later  ;) ;) ;)

Offline Garfield

• MCD blog (german)
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 01:37:26 AM »
also well done from me... and very good there is no facebook-plugin!  :D
Rallye: Abarth 1000 TCR - Silverline // Lancia Delta hf integrale - Proline // BMW 3.5 CSL - Proline
Blueline: Hummer H1 // Eagle II
Buggy: RaceRunner - Evo3 // Baja 1000 brushless - Evo3
Special: Trialtruck // Wild Willy XL

Offline CyberSarge

• Andy Love
    • Maxcamper
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 02:05:10 AM »
Yep well done Franco, just a couple of points the photo at the top is chopped at one end! Right hand side as you look at the screen, and I'm not sure on the text www.mcdracingforum.com it's a bit hard to read! I am on an ipad2 not looked at it on a PC yet.
I always use taptalk on the move and think its important to make the forum easy to use on mobiles as many people do the same as me  ;) and yer no Facebook plugin  :P  good job though  :dance: :dance: :dance:
Losi 5ive B / Losi 5iveT/ Hyper 8 Pro / 1/10 MST XXX-D VIP Drift car
Nene Valley 2013/14 Winter Series Champion! / 4th in the UK's 2015 Challenge Cup!
A clean car is a maintained car!

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 02:46:51 AM »
Yep well done Franco, just a couple of points the photo at the top is chopped at one end! Right hand side as you look at the screen, and I'm not sure on the text www.mcdracingforum.com it's a bit hard to read! I am on an ipad2 not looked at it on a PC yet.
I always use taptalk on the move and think its important to make the forum easy to use on mobiles as many people do the same as me  ;) and yer no Facebook plugin  :P  good job though  :dance: :dance: :dance:

Andy , Franco looked at some of the points you mentioned ,we tried a few formats ,and he came up with compatabuility
problems with colours of text /Layout and all sorts ,I think for a first time ,he has done a remarkable Job ,on his own ,
in less than a week , we decided to run with it ,for speeds sake , we also had to speak to (and persuade ) our
sponsors to stay in support ,which takes some doing in this financial climate ,but we only asked them for five  grand
each a month  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  .
Perhaps there is a way of tweeking the text ,I agree it's a bit faint on pads and phones , the top banner again
was a rush job ,we would welcome advice on that one ( well Franco might  :lol:  )  .
What is a facebook plug in  ??? ???  does it Involve bending over  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline CyberSarge

• Andy Love
    • Maxcamper
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 05:23:07 AM »
I have just been looking and the image is the wrong size for the place holder! Have a look in the settings for the header image size and it will give you the pixel size and then you can adjust the image to suit! Have a look here this is something I played with a few years ago! It's not used so will delete it at some point.
www.ftxrc.co.uk
Losi 5ive B / Losi 5iveT/ Hyper 8 Pro / 1/10 MST XXX-D VIP Drift car
Nene Valley 2013/14 Winter Series Champion! / 4th in the UK's 2015 Challenge Cup!
A clean car is a maintained car!