Author Topic: Re-Vamp Site?  (Read 9798 times)

Offline Bryan

Re-Vamp Site?
« on: March 11, 2011, 08:24:02 AM »
Hi all I think this site needs a re-vamp since the introduction of the V4 and now X4 and also other newer cars still to come out from the factory, I would like to see new boards made for these cars so it is easier to find things instead of all over the place! This would also help for finding threads for Pre-V4 cars.

Maybe also an introduction area for new members!

Just my 2 cents worth :-[

Bryan

Powered By MIK-Motoren Race engines and Hayler Engines.

Offline harryhackenbacker

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
Re: Re-Vamp Site?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 03:44:17 PM »
Couldn't agree more there was mean't to be a major update a year ago with lots of new things ,and it was mentioned again a few months
ago ,that it was again happening about last month inc a new banner and a few new Boards such as intro thread .
The site is looking dated even mcd are moving faster and brighter after we moaned about it. :P :P  I have put a lot of time into the forum
which I enjoy (total time 30 days 19 hours and 35 mins and well over 2000 posts ) and we are now admin and mod approval for new
members because of exceptional levels of spammers which take time to check every day so we don't miss any new members .
The feedback I get on here is mcd owners like the info available ,but it takes a lot of contacts and time to get it all together as well
as amount of time and money I personally put in to mcd models which I really enjoy but somedays it's hardwork  ;)

Offline craigmcd

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 07:17:10 AM »
Keep up the good work Harry  :fan:  :)

Offline Bryan

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 07:26:09 AM »
Cool hopefully something will get done soon! I know you put alot of effort into this forum and it all takes time and i'm sure everyone thanx you for it!

Will chat to Mike (PSR) maybe I can be mod on here too as I am on OZLS forum may help to get things changed quicker?

Bryan

Powered By MIK-Motoren Race engines and Hayler Engines.

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 09:31:41 AM »
All for progress and help and plastic surgery  :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's slightly unusual as a forum  ;) but good as a one brand outfit but probably more global than most !!! so we get Input from all
uses and conditions ,but admin.mods and members move on from the hobby or change brands so the input needs to be from active
mcd owners mostly who can offer experience and insight into figuring things out as well as introducing posts and Ideas on a reguar
basis  :D We also welcome problems and soloutions that's what it's all about  8)

Offline EliteXpress

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 05:08:26 PM »
Just wanted to say big thanks to you harryhackenbacker, you gave me the confidence in this product to pull the trigger in buying a RRv4!  :clapping: :clapping: You have been straight about everything with this product, good and what needs improvements. With guys like you this MCD Company will continue to evolve...  ;)

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 03:20:42 AM »
Just wanted to say big thanks to you harryhackenbacker, you gave me the confidence in this product to pull the trigger in buying a RRv4!  :clapping: :clapping: You have been straight about everything with this product, good and what needs improvements. With guys like you this MCD Company will continue to evolve...  ;)

Thank you  :D :D

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 03:28:44 AM »
Well guys done a few subtle updates re named some boards and a new members post,don't want to change much, a couple of
small ideas I will think about . Some forums you get lost in so I think simple is good ,Hopefully a new banner can be sorted soon
by OZ and Redline .Please continue to enjoy the forum and thanks for your continued support  :fan: :fan: :drinks:

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 02:06:51 PM »
Have to say the re-vamp is looking and working very well i think.  Job well done  :good:

Just one thing that i noticed why does PSR not have a sponsor link on the side.  PSR owns this site... right... but no link ??

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 04:16:52 PM »
Have to say the re-vamp is looking and working very well i think.  Job well done  :good:

Just one thing that i noticed why does PSR not have a sponsor link on the side.  PSR owns this site... right... but no link ??

The small changes took little time ,I wanted to do a couple more ,but I was told not to ,so that was that. I asked about the old
Predator ad banner and having a PSR one as well,always useful for parts stock and references . We badly need a new banner
as the BBC have asked if they can use the old format for the very popoular Antiques Road Show  :lol: . To be honest it does
not need much more ,an Evo 3 section .Apparently Admin are going to swop the technical format and do a few changes but
have no time scale on doing it .But thanks for your appreciation  :D :D