Author Topic: idea ??  (Read 5556 times)

Offline rooky

idea ??
« on: September 27, 2008, 06:35:47 AM »
hi all
i am fairly new to this forum , since i got my mcd and searched for info on this forum .
as i am a newcomer to largescale , i need a lot of info , mostly from this very helpfull forum , full of members who are willing to help a noob out.
since i come across a lot of usual isue's what you get if yr into this hobby , i got a question/idea .
would it be a good idea to get a new sub section  , just for info and facts and stuff ?
since mcd is crappy with that themselves , we can gather all the good info and stuff it into one chapter .
i was thinkin of stuff like ; gear to kilometers chart , partlists of what you need to converting  rrto baja to mt to baja etc . and if people add info if they like , we end up with a very usefull chapter full of good info on the same spot . then it would be a must read section for newcomers , and finding out the co's and pro's easaly .
i got a bit anoyd tday , i was searching for a partnumber  to order it , i looked it up in the manual that came with the car . after more searching i found out , the manual does not have the evo 3 model in it , dunno what model they talkin about couse they dont tell  = bad  , i allmost ordered the wrong parts . that sucks , couse where to find the right part , without the risk of it not fittin when it gets here .
i as a noob end up with questions , i should not have after reading the manual , and i have to ask you guys things like ; i like to convert to mt , what do i need ? . i mean , cmon man , im from holland , and therefore i ordered at mogatech . good quick delivery of the car [2 days] but , if i send them an e mail [twice] with the question about convertin , i get no answer . i read more people get no answers , wtf ?
so , i think , as a newcomer and as owner of a 4 weeks old baja , it is not nice they r so lacky with info , manuals , partlists , answerin e mails with relavant questions  , BUT , after that , i am still thinkin of gettin a 2nd mcd , a mt , so that says it all about how i feel bout it .
regards ferry

Offline OzMCD

• F'gn RR5 Bitch
Re: idea ??
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 11:21:02 AM »
Maybe we could have an MCD info centre as a separate webpage linked from here? Would need some guys with webskills to help put it together but we could certainly make up something that has plenty of info on the different models, factory and aftermarket upgrades, parts lists and pics.
Mummy mummy that man said he won't be my friend if i buy an MCD

Offline monotheist

Re: idea ??
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 02:11:46 PM »
Hey Rooky, I hear ya but most of what you have been asking for has been posted already. Just need to spend a bit of time going through the posts. I realize its not all in the same spot but frankly I reckon its pretty easy to find and who knows you might stumble onto some other useful information in the process.

Melbourne, Australia