Author Topic: Tapatalk to Be Removed  (Read 20888 times)

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
Tapatalk to Be Removed
« on: September 23, 2013, 06:58:30 PM »
Gents,

Just letting you all know that i will be looking to permanently remove Tapatalk from this forum.

This decision has been made due to a few reasons... one being that i have recently noticed a few problems with it..... and two, and this being the big one for me, it actually goes against the interests of the site sponsors, by this i mean that Tapatalk does not and will not show this forums site sponsors within its own advertising.

Site sponsors are what keep this forum going, as well as a few regular members, and so i consider them as the most important here.... if they are not being viewed then they are wasting their money.

If you wish to make a comment, please don't hesitate.

Cheers,
Franco.

Offline CyberSarge

• Andy Love
    • Maxcamper
Re: Tapatalk to Be Removed
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 10:47:20 PM »
That's a shame as I love Tapatalk so easy on a Mobile! Always use the normal site on iPad, will have wait now to post stuff till I get home in the evenings :-(
Losi 5ive B / Losi 5iveT/ Hyper 8 Pro / 1/10 MST XXX-D VIP Drift car
Nene Valley 2013/14 Winter Series Champion! / 4th in the UK's 2015 Challenge Cup!
A clean car is a maintained car!

Offline harryhackenbacker

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 12:11:47 AM »
Mobile reply 10 seconds done

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 01:52:35 AM »
Must admit never used tap Talk ,I suppose it depends how and where and why you access
the forum , with Mobile devices getting more of the norm for access , I am sure less people
add content and if they do it's brief ,or not as in depth as on a Lap top /Big Pad .
Difficult one really as Forums are not as popular ,with many other platforms about ,FB, Twitter
etc ,but Large scale modeller's upto now tend to be into modelling more than comms .
Time will tell  ;)

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 12:30:47 PM »
Personally i tend to think that we are very lucky on this forum, i say that because i find that this site doesn't really require a great deal of bandwidth... so it tends to work quite well on a mobile device even without WiFi.

I get on here to both read and post from on my Nokia mobile all the time and really don't have any problems.

Typing can be pain on a mobile device at times... so i some times take my laptop with me and wifi tether to my mobile.

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 04:16:47 PM »
Sometimes I take my 60 inch wide screen with me in case I forget my reading glasses  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 04:21:19 PM »
Sometimes I take my 60 inch wide screen with me in case I forget my reading glasses  :lol: :lol: :lol:

If that floats your boat  :unsure: then sweet mate.

Offline postie90

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 01:47:24 AM »
That's a shame I use it all the time, saves logining in each time I visit the Forum...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 02:03:03 AM »
Could be a mistake then ,doubt if the sponsors are bothered , their names are still about on
forum , and if 30% are tap talkers ,so what , My guess Franco doesn't like the Log in all
the time Issue , perhaps looks untidy ??  :lol:  don't see it matters , Punters Fill Seats  ;) ;)

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 09:21:56 AM »
Really didn't expect you to agree with me Mike, even when i'm 100% right you will disagree and have attitude regarding the topic  ::)

No big deal for me either, the logged in all the time members aren't a problem for me at all... just wish they'd actually spend some time looking around the forum.  But, really these members just make the forum look like it's got more regular members.... but, it's simply false.

My only real complaint with Tapatalk is that soon they will allow advertising, but it will be their own selection... not ours.  I just disagree with having advertising that shows non rc (or mcd) related ads or for that matter non-site-sponsored rc hobby shops.

I personally fully believe in supporting my local dealer/hobby shop... especially the ones i regularly buy from.

Also, when i took over this site i removed the Google ads for exactly the same reasoning.... not because i personally didn't like it or it looked untidy  ::)

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 12:16:23 PM »
That's a shame I use it all the time, saves logining in each time I visit the Forum...

Sorry mate... I'm a little confused with what you said here. I have used IE on both WP and on the PC, also used Chrome and all will save your login username and password just like what Tapatalk does.

How is it that you can't save your login details??

Offline postie90

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 02:57:20 PM »

Sorry mate... I'm a little confused with what you said here. I have used IE on both WP and on the PC, also used Chrome and all will save your login username and password just like what Tapatalk does.

I used my iphone safari web browser... Cheers.

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 03:51:39 PM »

I used my iphone safari web browser... Cheers.

Fair enough, pretty sure you can save the details though.

Offline postie90

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 03:31:03 AM »
Added mcd forum to my favourites and if does save my login details.... So see how I get on, takes a little longer to load but nothing to worry about....

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 06:40:21 PM »
I have disabled Tapatalk for, lets call it a trial run... we'll see how it goes for a short time.

Offline mickyd213

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 10:05:43 PM »
Glad I read this thread... I won't bother trying to get it to work on my phone... Totally understand why you did as well...