Author Topic: Need a New Flywheel!  (Read 8138 times)

Offline Jimbo1983

• Semi-Newbie
Need a New Flywheel!
« on: April 17, 2013, 02:02:38 AM »
Does anybody on here have a spare flywheel to fit a CY 26cc?
Looking for a replacement as I've lost a fin on mine and I don't want to run my newly referbed engine on an unbalanced flywheel!

Thanks in advance :D

Offline harryhackenbacker

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
Re: Need a New Flywheel!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 02:58:14 AM »

Offline Jimbo1983

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 04:07:12 AM »
Thanks Mike, think I'll have to resort to buying one new, I just thought I'd ask in here in case someone had a spare kicking about somewhere they might want to sell.
I'm poor lol
Out if interest, can I run it safely with a missing fin or would it lunch the bearing?

I'm lookin to get a replacement Zenoah head and piston for this engine too coz the current one has some blow back scouring, just finding the £££ to do it!

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 10:42:42 AM »
Jimbo, Whereabouts are you from anyway, was thinking you're from the USA ??  Update your Location in your Profile.

Here's one from a sponsor...

http://www.largescalerc.com/flywheelforcyengines.aspx

But, otherwise, have a look at one of the sponsors... we have one in almost every continent.

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »
Franco , he is uk based , and I have helped him with some parts I had before , that's
the only Flywheel I could see UK stock , I did a quick search based on ,he is UK and wants
to spend as little as possible ,none on e-bay Either  :)

Jimbo , On flywheel fins , depends how bad it is , but I doubt it would be a problem ,just
a possible it may have made an invisible crack somewhere , for £20 though replace it .
Interesting on flywheels ,two Uk engine builders have different thoughts ,one does a much
lightened and balanced one , the other only a slightly lightened one ,the theory is ,for
something so light anyway ,once it gets covered in dirt /c4ap it's out of balance Anyway !!!! ;) ;)
Also running in the middle of an MCD more fins for cooling is best  :)

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 03:35:07 PM »
Fair enough Mike... Too much to remember lately  :lol: :lol:  so aways good to have the location in the profile  ;)

Offline Jimbo1983

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 04:46:49 PM »
Thanks guys, I think i'll order one tonight.

Im in two minds on if i should throw more money at this engine, I used to think there was little difference between CY and Zenoah but since owning a Zenoah the difference is astounding.

The cylinder and piston in my CY are pretty scratched up (second hand, first MCD I bought and was a massive n00B!) So im thinking I might save up as much as I can and just buy a Zenoah and replace it altogether.
 there are several 23cc ones on eBay at the moment but I'd like something with a bit more power lol

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Im sorry to be a pain, I don't mean to sound like a broke-ass loser, I am a genius when it comes to computers but there are naff all jobs in my area and I'm waiting desperately for my soon to be father in law to sort me out a job with him....cant say where on here but lets just say a very big super-fast broadband provider ;)

Sorry for the essay, just thought i'd tell you a little about myself so you don't think I'm trying to pull a fast one or try to bag cheap parts on the sly.

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 06:34:39 PM »
Jimbo ,No Worries ,at times (and in fact still do ) save my change in a Jar ,and cash it in ,
every couple of months, for modeling Tokens  :lol: :lol: .
On the engine ,If it's medium ok ,get the flywheel anyway ,sell the engine and you have a
start to your Zen ,but if you think it's worth SFA that's different .   ;)
On a faster engine I would steer clear of DIY head kits etc...  get a decent Zen ,save up some more
and for about £180-£250 have it proffesionally tuned , Evo (stevo at Rossmod )  and it will Fly  8) 8)
Mind tuned engines start at about £400 so you could be better off getting it all off the tuner  ;) ;)

Offline Jimbo1983

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 03:02:40 AM »
Thanks Mike, nice to know im not the only one counting coins!

I'll replace the flywheel but I'm not investing any more money in it as the piston and cylinder will need replacing.
My zenoah engine runs much smoother and I prefer them to CY so a new zenoah is the way I'm gonna go.

I'm gonna go see the guy in my local model shop tomorrow and see if he can do me a deal on a new engine, he might be able to sort me out a bare bones block as a project.

Got the new diff holders fitted today, I'll up some pics tomorrow when I'm done rebuilding :D

Thanks again Mike :D

Offline Trebor

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 03:07:35 AM »
the only coins Mike counts are his krugerrands  :D

K....

• MCD GURU
  • Legend Member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 06:26:38 AM »
the only coins Mike counts are his krugerrands  :D