Community > Site News and Feedback

Forum Structure

(1/3) > >>

BeatsMe:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has any feedback they'd like to provide with regards to the current structure of the forum.

Specifically, i'm wondering if you find any sections misleading, or confusing as to where to post your topics ??

Also, any sections that you think should be combined or removed, or perhaps the description of the section needs to be improved ??

Very keen to hear of your ideas, so that we can look into making this site better to use.

Cheers,
Franco.

harryhackenbacker:
I think I would like MCD talk section at the top ,but really it's what you are used to , too many
changes and extra sections , are not needed ,some forums are too big ,and you take forever
to get stuck in  ;) ;) ;)  Are we going to try the Shout box ???  . ;) ;)

CyberSarge:
I agree with Mike and a shout box would be good!

BeatsMe:
I tend to agree with the MCD Talk section, should be just below the Community section... but, in all honesty i think it would be better to just move the Trading Post down to bottom below the Sponsors, then all else will be placed correctly.

Also, I'm considering a revamp of the MCD Vehicles section, as i tend to think that this is the section that is the most confusing.  In that, i think that most don't know whether to post about their RRV4, for example, in the MCD Race Runner V4 board or in the Pics & Video's board... or for that matter in one of the MCD Talk boards... so we end up with posts all over the place.

If you see what i mean, so i'm considering removing the Pics & Video's and making the whole MCD Vehicles a section dedicated to showing off your MCD (in the relevant model) or for your build topics.  And changing the descriptions to reflect the change so there really is no confusion.

Lastly, the shout box... personally i'm not keen on it, mostly because i have seen it go bad on a forum and it end up being removed.  One of the problems with having a shout box is that people will use it to ask their questions rather then post their questions.

harryhackenbacker:
On reflection I kind of like it the way it is , people know their way , if you talk about your car
V4 or X4 ,if it's a general thing across models tuning or whatever ,the Idea of pics and vids ,
is a post accompanied by a story ,in relevant section ,pure pics /videos ,in that section .
As I said Earlier keep it simple , the content /posts and info are far more Important , you
also have to remember non English speaking people know how it's set out , Like I can find my
way around German suppliers web sites without translate ,because I know where things are ,
I know a couple of people who changed their web sites ,and business almost stopped  ;)
You can polish a car as much as you want ,but if you hide the engine ,it won't go anywhere  :lol: :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version