Author Topic: For Sale & Wanted Section  (Read 31619 times)

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
Re: For Sale & Wanted Section
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 10:54:04 AM »
I would like to ask for some feedback regarding the current rules for this section...

Should the 25 post restriction be removed from this forum.  Meaning that anyone can post in the For Sale section without even saying 'Hello'.

Come-on guys, speak up... very keen to hear from anyone, but also especially from some of the longer term members.

Offline robw

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 04:47:56 PM »
give it a try and see what happens, some crazy prices on fleabay from people selling mcd stuff, I might get a cheap petrol v4 yet :)

MCD BRUSHLESS RR5
MCD BRUSHLESS X5
MCD BRUSHLESS V4 MT
MCD BRUSHLESS RRV4
RAPTOR PETROL CATAMARAN

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 05:48:05 PM »
Thanks Rob for the reply, good to see someone here has some interest in what's going on around town  :lol:

The thing you have to remember with allowing anyone to sell stuff on here from the first post, is that 1. they will just post what they want to sell and be gone, usually including an email address or even an phone number in the post saying to contact them there.  and/or  2. really will anyone know who they are?? Will be a risk that everyone will have to take on.

On the eBay thing, i've already said above in one of my previous posts that eBay links are OK... perhaps, even a someone could start a topic, in the For Sale section, for good deals you've seen on eBay (mcd related).... just an idea.

Anyway, will wait a bit longer to see if anyone else might be willing to provide their opinion on this subject.

Offline robw

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 06:06:08 PM »
good points there :) not sure now I would want to buy something from a 1st poster, keep it as it is :lol:
MCD BRUSHLESS RR5
MCD BRUSHLESS X5
MCD BRUSHLESS V4 MT
MCD BRUSHLESS RRV4
RAPTOR PETROL CATAMARAN

Offline erdl k

• Respected Member
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 07:31:58 PM »
I think this forum is not a sales forum ,  so 25 post rules is  necessary for me:) 
MCD W5 Max _ EK Edition  ®  Efra 2018 Spec

Offline RWR

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 07:55:17 PM »
I'm a moderator on a tropical plant forum and there was the possibility to post in the for sale section with no posts. Like you said Franko, people register leave a mail or number and are gone and don't respond anymore. We have now made the rule, first 20 posts before putting something for sale.

My vote goes to having some posts before selling something.
If nothing goes right go left!

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 08:13:25 PM »
Thank you guys.  Good to hear from you guys.

These sort of questions were normally only reserved for the Admin section, ie only Admins and Moderators could see or comment about the question.... well since HarryHackenBacker is no longer with us here, the Admin section has become a little pointless, no one to discuss anything with.

So, hence the reason i have asked this question here, but also because i feel that having no restriction might help to increase posting traffic, if you see what i mean.  I have seen other forums that have no restriction and they seem to boom... but, i guess you need a lot more numbers than what we have here.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, if anyone else has something to add please go ahead and post.... but, for now the restriction will remain.

Offline soundman

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 01:20:31 AM »
thats an awesome plan. I've just started posting items on ebay to cleanup at home a little, and make fund/ space for new stuff.
I eat cheese.........

Offline CyberSarge

• Andy Love
    • Maxcamper
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2014, 02:17:11 AM »
May be give it a try, but I think there should be some restriction  :)
Losi 5ive B / Losi 5iveT/ Hyper 8 Pro / 1/10 MST XXX-D VIP Drift car
Nene Valley 2013/14 Winter Series Champion! / 4th in the UK's 2015 Challenge Cup!
A clean car is a maintained car!

Offline Dazzler

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2014, 03:18:27 AM »
For me, I think you may need to keep it, or have a number of friends on the forum as an alternative.  To have nothing seems a little wreckless, as any fly by night could drop in and rip off a good forum member.

A feedback section in the classifieds area is always good too, a thread started with a poll. Good, Neutral or Negative options for any forum member who wishes to buy or sell.  Any trustworthy individual should be happy to have a poll based on their performance as a buyer/seller.  People can also post their comments to justify their vote.

It could even be acceptable for forum members to vouch for other members as a way to kick things off. 

Feedback would atleast give some confidence in who you potentially want to deal with.  I always look at people's post history, friends list etc. to make an informed decision and balance the risks.

Me personally, I'd have no objections if it was restricted to ebay links only.  People can list there, buyer and seller are protected through ebay / PayPal fully. Or if through the forum you feel happy to trade outside of ebay, the seller can end the listing (all risk on the buyer).

All food for thought, but whatever is decided, you should get some feedback up and running.  I'd also be inclined to enforce current photographs with a note in the picture which includes the date and forum user name to prevent people listing things they don't even have..!

Offline OldDog

• Semi-Newbie
    • TelfordHotTrax   10th & Micro Electric Club Racing
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2014, 03:54:06 AM »

Well, after many years of frequenting forums, I'm thinking if anyone wants to sell, they must have a minimum amount of posts to stop fly-by-boys, and I'd suggest a minimum of 3 posts and one of them to be in the 'New members & Visitors section' so at least we get an idea of who they are....

Id also suggest that they post their advert on the forum for 1 week minimum before adding an auction link which will give forum members first dibs......

Anyone want some V4 wheels n tyres.... lol

Steve.

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2014, 04:49:15 AM »
First and foremost, i'd like thank you all for taking the time to post your opinions here regarding this subject... this is what forums are about people communicating :good:

The thing with most forums is that unfortunately the 'For Sale' and 'Wanted' sections are the main drawcard for posting traffic, without it you have a slow forum... and this is something that i would like to work on this year.  Things like Facebook is killing off too many of these forums, i personally would like to do my best to keep this one going strong.

I think the idea of the feedback system would be a good thing to look at adding, there is such a system included with this forum software and i will look at setting it up.  Although it is a good system, i'm pretty sure that it is not like eBay where you only get one feedback per sale/purchase.... so this could be rigged by members abusing the system.  But, still i think we would be better off with it than without.

I agree with Steve's post about minimum of 3 posts, and posting in the 'New members & Visitors' section.... this should be mandatory before posting a for sale topic.  But, also... no phone numbers or email addresses to be listed it the text.

The eBay link posting can stay, this was an old rule from the previous Admins so i don't really see the point of it... except to say no bidding to be allowed here.  As i said earlier, perhaps a 'Good Deals on eBay??' topic, so anyone that sees something of interest can post it up for other so look at... or even comment on, is it really a good deal?

I think lastly, on the pictures thing... i totally agree that current photos must be used. I hate it how some will post a picture they downloaded off the internet.... i mean, example a used pipe is a used pipe, so don't post up a picture of a brand new one. We all have camera phones and Photobucket, so no excuses.

OK thanks again, and let me know if i've missed anything  ;)

Cheers,
Franco.

Offline BeatsMe

• Legend Member
    • MCD Racing Australia
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2014, 03:51:44 PM »
Ok guys, as per the recent posts here the Trading Post Rules have been amended....
http://www.mcdracingforum.com/index.php?topic=4316.0

and a Trader Feedback section has been added...
http://www.mcdracingforum.com/index.php?topic=4575.0