Site Sponsors > JoferUSA

JOFER TRAY MODS

(1/3) > >>

harryhackenbacker:
I needed some new trays for my X4 build , and a while back Franco had asked Joe about
a Quick release /easy maintanance option , so you could remove just the servo tray .
Joe has been altering the design ,but based on the plastic centre diff holder x4/v4 .
Now some of us run Alloy centre diff holders ,where this system won't work 100%
because of the brake plate link to the servo tray ,so Joe has done as part of the
design process a couple of sets for my set up to suit the open diffs and the MCD
Alloy carrier ,which are in transit to me now . The modified design for the plastic
centre diff will became std in due course and be on his web Site soon .
Note the very neat step spacer ,no more dropped alloy spacers  ;) ;) .

BeatsMe:
Got a set of these earlier this week, will be doing the install this weekend...

harryhackenbacker:
Franco ,Mine also landed , Joe said he has saved some weight over the old ones ,they feel
light as a feather ,and the  usual superb Quality ,the spacer between the brake plate and
servo tray is really neat  :D :D :D .

harryhackenbacker:
Had a good look at the trays today , Nice ,Franco is doing a full Install this weekend , I have just
had a play and test fit ,and sorted some Torx screws out .
All Spot on as Usual  :D :D :D

BeatsMe:
Yeah very nice quality, however i really would have liked it to have been made so that the engine and brake plate did not need to be removed just to remove the servo tray/battery box.  But, unfortunately as mcd has changed direction and is now going with the enclosed centre diff housing their is no point in spending more time engineering this the way i wanted it to be   :( :(

Anyway still getting it finished... only having a few problems...

Will have to get the grinder out to make the Jofer standard servo adapter plates fit correctly to the Jofer servo tray, as you cannot line up the mounting holes correctly... see pictures below.

Still have to drill and tap a mounting hole for the standard mcd filter support, yes i prefer to use the standard filter units.

The servo saver posts didn't line up right, but that is was due the problems with the Wolfman chassis that i'm using.

Pictures...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version