Site Sponsors > JoferUSA

Alloy Caster and Wheelbase Adjustment Washers

(1/5) > >>

BeatsMe:
Hi all,

Been talking with Joe about getting these made up out of alloy...

041600P0 - Upper Wishbone Y-Clips 6mm for Caster Adjustment

041100P0 - Rear Hub Y Clips 5mm For Wheelbase Adjustment

Well i once lost one at the track after it somehow popped out, and from then on i resorted to using 0.9mm steel washers...

Which has been working fine except for the fact that when you have to dismantle that area in a hurry, you normally end up with the washers flying everywhere and then spend 10 minutes on your hands and knees trying to find them all in the long grass :lol: :lol: :lol:

So this brings me to this topic of seeing if others are interested in these, don't have any pictures of them because they have not been made as yet.  The main reason i'm doing this is to try and keep the price down by increasing the quantity that Joe will make, as understandably Joe has a minimum for machining time and therefore cannot just machine a small handful just for me.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested can you please make yourself known here.

BeatsMe:
Also, here are the measurements that i sent to Joe to make these...

6x14x4.5mm

and

5x13x3.9mm

I simply measured the plastic ones, so would be good if some of you could confirm that my measurements are correct... so that way there are no errors after machining.

Cheers,
Franco.

mcdv4:
Are you going to make them the same design as standard?

With my HPI Baja I click them on after I fit the pin in, but if made out of alloy I don't think you could push them on.

If so you might not need the slot in them as they would be fitted as you slide the pin through.

BeatsMe:
No not as the standard Y clips, my original suggestion to Joe was to make basically a thick washer as per the sizes in my post above.  So with these you would have to remove the hinge pin completely to make adjustments... I don't find this to be a problem because once adjusted right i personally don't change it.

Garfield:
you could use these maybe:
http://www.mogatech.de/shop/Caster-adjustment-spacer-Aloy

They have been used for same pupose on all MCD before V4. They are 8mm thick, not sure if that fits on a V4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version