Site Sponsors > LargeScaleRC

1005 - 2 Speed Conversion - MCD V4 Models - by Demon RC

<< < (6/6)

BeatsMe:
Forgot the related topic link...

http://www.mcdracingforum.com/index.php?topic=2604.0

starefly:
Darksoul ones seem not longer manufactured, do you think that MCD alloy set will fix the problem ? I will not "eat" the rim instead ?

BeatsMe:
I was only posting about the Darksoul topic to show you about the previously discussed issues... so, yeah, the MCD wishbones will help to reduce the flexing too  :good:

starefly:
I have sent a mail to demon to ask them if they can post a comment on the forum as they are sponsor.
let's wait for their feedback

starefly:
After 2 additional tanks I had a transmission problem, car had some difficulties to run.
Went back home and dismantled the the gears; free wheel was stuck.

The free wheel bearing (greased prior installation) has melted and machined the shaft...
The 30x42x7 bearing oil went out, the sealing seem to have shrink ; the bearing is turning roughly.

The pawl has a significant amount of wearing, shifting works well anyway.

2 speed behavior/shifting is good but the wear rate is too high from my point of view ; after 7 tanks:
- 2 bearings dead
- Gears heavily damage

I don't know if constraints are higher on tarmac (my case) than off road but I'm using a stock 29CC engine ; with a modded engine which delivers much more HP I'm quite Skeptical about the results...
The product is good, but it doesn't look to last very long  :-[; with some slight modification (shaft tolerances, gears quality) it could be an outstanding product.
I'm ready to put 50$ more in product price and get something robust! :declare:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version