Community > Site News and Feedback

Forum Suggestions

<< < (2/3) > >>

justchris:

--- Quote from: BeatsMe on August 29, 2014, 10:31:52 PM ---I've got a busy weekend working, so i'll look in to installing the feature.

I've personally not wanted this forum to become like a Facebook, where members just "Like" a post rather than post a comment or their opinion.....

but, lately seems that of the odd 40+ members that are here daily, only 4 or 5 are actually posting.

So guess it's time to give it a go  :)

Anyone else have any thoughts??    on the subject of a "Like" button??

--- End quote ---

Hi beats me
                 I'm on daily logged in or guest but here.
                 Now some one like me has nothing to offer ( being a TOTAL newcomer)
                  But the facility to thank people like yourself  ( by the use of a like button or similar)
                  would be great,also it would allow people like yourself to know your info
                   Is being read/ helping out.

BeatsMe:

--- Quote from: starefly on August 30, 2014, 03:02:42 AM ---what about a kind of DIY section ?

Meaning posting different improvements/adaptations (bodies mod, tires, differential, Shock Absorbers...) that users performed on their cars ?

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your comment Marc.
I actually considered something along that line, but just never got around to it.... i'll look into it real soon.

BeatsMe:

--- Quote from: robw on August 30, 2014, 04:29:45 AM ---how about a gear ratio chart that's easy to work out? I have ratios that are not on the charts on this forum, would be good to know how to work out the ratios in easy terms :)

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the comment Rob.
I assume you know that there are a few spreadsheets on here already, somewhere  :unsure:
I can add more gear sets to them, but then they will just get more complicated and hence more confusing.... so really not sure about this one, spreadsheets can be confusing if you're not familiar with using them.

BeatsMe:

--- Quote from: justchris on August 30, 2014, 04:45:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: BeatsMe on August 29, 2014, 10:31:52 PM ---I've got a busy weekend working, so i'll look in to installing the feature.

I've personally not wanted this forum to become like a Facebook, where members just "Like" a post rather than post a comment or their opinion.....

but, lately seems that of the odd 40+ members that are here daily, only 4 or 5 are actually posting.

So guess it's time to give it a go  :)

Anyone else have any thoughts??    on the subject of a "Like" button??

--- End quote ---

Hi beats me
                 I'm on daily logged in or guest but here.
                 Now some one like me has nothing to offer ( being a TOTAL newcomer)
                  But the facility to thank people like yourself  ( by the use of a like button or similar)
                  would be great,also it would allow people like yourself to know your info
                   Is being read/ helping out.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Chris... ok i'm convinced, will setup it up very soon.

robw:

--- Quote from: BeatsMe on August 30, 2014, 07:49:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: robw on August 30, 2014, 04:29:45 AM ---how about a gear ratio chart that's easy to work out? I have ratios that are not on the charts on this forum, would be good to know how to work out the ratios in easy terms :)

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the comment Rob.
I assume you know that there are a few spreadsheets on here already, somewhere  :unsure:
I can add more gear sets to them, but then they will just get more complicated and hence more confusing.... so really not sure about this one, spreadsheets can be confusing if you're not familiar with using them.

--- End quote ---
hi franco,
yes, saw the spread sheets, just curious to know where the gears I have fit on the sheets, I noticed theres a 27/36 but cant find metal gears for that, only the "plastic type" I have the 26/37 23/26, also just received the blackbone 24/39 gears, its great to see what difference the ratios make, im assuming some of the ratios are not worth putting on the spreadsheat because the engine/motor would never turn it, eg 39/24 30/19, shame theres not just a formula available that you can just put in the size of gears and it automatically converts to a ratio, :D I googled "how to work out gear ratios, I was confused with 2 gears let alone 4,   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version