Site Sponsors > JoferUSA

JOFER TRAY MODS

<< < (2/3) > >>

harryhackenbacker:
On a std mcd chassis ,everything was a straight fit for me ,However the fitting of the throttle,
servo (if you use large size servos ) near the brake plate step up ,has  always been tight ,
and sometimes a mod . See what you mean about the Adapters ,easy fix though ,as is the
Filter mount .
Matching the servo post holes I have found also sometimes out on mcd and Wolfman and
UMS - Tec chassis this is due to the accuracy of the bend in front chassis ,something that
can vary a little both in angle of bend, and to get 100% straight on new units and can
vary on used ones according to hits  :lol: :lol:  .
Considering all other points ,and the fact as you say ,all the mcd changes ,a medium mcd
Mechanic ,should be easy on with Installation  :D :D .
One thing I do find Unbelievable is MCD have never updated the brake plate carrier hole  ::)

erdl k:
Looks very nice Mike :)

joferusa:
Franco
Good point, the servo adapter
In the rush to send it to Mike and you, we did not test how fit the adapters ( we loose the train in this one)
The previous system used two spacers and was smallest diameter, then did not touch the adapter
About removing the brake plate is how you talk with Gus before ordering ,unfortunately is 50% quick release in the open differential model :( :(
The system was designed for the new V-4 and X-4 with the enclosed differential  :) :)

anyway 8)
This week we will finish the QR servo tray system
and test in all the cars we have
X-4 V-4 enclosed differential , open differential, with MCD alloy engine carrier, and standar plastic ones, servo adapters ect,
We did a new X-4 brake plate which fits perfect in our W5 FT with MCD alloy engine carrier (I agree with you Mike , I do not know why MCD not fix it yet)
We post the pictures here when finished

But..
In the on-road X-4 we will use small servos
and we will make a special servo tray for use with these servos directly without adapters
The benefit: lighter, cleaner, less screws
disadvantage: if you want to use large servo, no way to go back.
Also we post pictures when finished
probably next week

joferusa:
Mike
Where you will use the black set?

harryhackenbacker:

--- Quote from: joferusa on August 07, 2012, 06:29:49 AM ---Mike
Where you will use the black set?

--- End quote ---

Not sure yet Joe !!  might upgrade the Legend (which has a black set ) and sell the old
set , or Quite fancy a Jofer Workshop Clock stand  :lol: :lol: or Pipe Rack  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Many thanks Joe  :) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version